Professional Travel Blogger- What to Post on your Travel Blog and Attract an Audience that Sticks! We share 37 Ideas.
Are we Professional Travel Bloggers now? Our son asked! This follows from his contribution to pkjulesworld that had many of his peers green…And if you didn’t tune in, do our lil Sol a favour and check out his trip to Costa Del Sol Malaga here!
He also asked us; how do you find what to post on a travel blog? How do you know that what you post will attract readers?
Coming from a teenager, this was deep. Yet it is a question we would sure have been excited to hear when we first started this travel hub.
See in our opinion what we are going to share, it’s more of what to post on your blog! Any niche blog. Simply use this as a Guide to What to Post on a blog, if you open your mind to what’s possible. Cool?
A professional travel blogger or a pro blogger in our opinion is one who earns a living in full or a good portion from blogging. There are not many people, who fall into this category!
Okay, are we professional travel bloggers now? The answer is we would love to say yes and until we build up a consistent income from Pkjulesworld, we ca say we are working on it!
The things is anyone can start a niche blog and call yourself a “blogger.” There are also a large number or people sharing their travels online, so how does your new blog stand out from the noise?
By Making a Decision from day one!
Many want the lifestyle. Not many get paid to travel the world like we do, WHY? Because they don’t make A decision to become professional travel bloggers! Procrastination is one of their major big blocks and I did a Facebook live on this topic as well!
And for the second question, which is linked to the first for sure: What to post on a travel blog! Let’s agree in order to have half a chance at becoming a pro, in the beginning, we recommend you publish either a monster post and promote the heck out of it. Or Publish at least 2-3 posts per week. But what can you write about? Well here we go…
#1 What to post on a Travel blog: Pre-Travel The Planning
These Kind of posts Give others an idea what to expect and help in their planning!
Give others an idea what to expect and help in their planning! #travelinspiration #travelblogging Click To Tweet
Many people esp. those new to travel would like to hear about How You Plan Your Travels!
Those new to travel would like to hear about How You Plan Your Travels #travelinspiration #traveltuesday Click To Tweet
Because it could inspire another family, person, couple to travel more and create peak life experiences too!
So you could write about what you do before your journey.
- Why you love to travel, its effect/impact on your life and the communities you visit – very important.
- How/Why you choose a destination, could be it was cheap, food, sites, recommendation whatever.
- What activities would you like to do, share those and why?
- Which resources you use to book your trip.
- How did you save up for your vacation/travels?
- What or How you pack for your travels. (You definitely should read our Ultimate Packing List Guide with over 110 Items for any conceivable trip.
- The cost of different things in your destination.
- Budget travel tips pre and during the trip.
- Pre-travel preparation.
- What happened at the airport?
- 10 reasons why you should do xyz (Action) before you head to …(Destination)…You get the picture?
#2 What to Post on a Travel Blog – The Destination!
These type of posts are very inspirational for your audience!
We have been travelling for years but that does not in and of itself mean we have something exciting to share. Who wants to see young people falling down in gutters dead drunk on vacation? Or running around half naked in a family resort, shouting profanities? That’s not the kind of stuff to post on your travel blog.
Below are some cool ideas that could interest your travel blog audience:
- Views of nature either via images, gifs, Videos, livestream etc.– the more unique the better.
- Share your favourite parts of the destination you are in or have visited and why others would enjoy them too.
- Give us some cray cray moments you had. Don’t make them poor behaviour crazy. Learn about travel etiquette and remember others live there or are on vacation too. So no drunken share, no skinny dipping sneaky videos. But definitely share your zip lining, banjee jumping charity adventure. Share your Visit to the wilds, how you conquered the Kilimanjaro or first time to the Rift Valley. Your epic visit to Mgahinga Forrest will be a hit. You get the picture?
- You sure must have eaten some new things, great cuisine or don’t go there shit? Share it all! Give your audience Food recommendations and where to find it!
- Went somewhere where others only dream about? Take some awesome pictures and tell us about what you did that made it even more awesome. Did it live to your imagination?
- What would make kids go Wow?
- What to avoid in a particular destination, share images and why?
- Unique cultures that others need to know about your current destination.
- Transport – how easy is it to get from A to B!
- The Cost of different essential items in a particular destination e.g. meals, transport, accommodation, activities etc.
- Got a terrible experience or horrible service in a specific location, hotel, restaurant etc.? Share and be very rational about what happened and if it reflects on the establishment as a whole thus recommending avoidance at all costs, or just the crank that served you! Is it an ongoing issue or was it a one off? Did you contact management? What did they say! Is it a deal breaker? What would you do different?
- Give detailed descriptions and images of what to do, where to stay, where to find entertainment for kids and adults alike etc.
#3 What to post on a Travel Blog – Resources and Tools
In this techie world it’s not uncommon to use an App to research, find, book, pay for and even find places to do stuff on your travels! So why not share:
- Your Go to Tools for your travel needs.
- Your Go to Travel Apps and Why.
- The Resources you can’t go anywhere without.
- The websites you know and use that others may find useful.
- Your Go to Travel Blogs for inspiration and Ideas.
- Travel Product Trials and Reviews.
I imagine you wish to soonest monetize your travel blog and make a living from sharing value right? Well then I recommend you invest in resources to horn your new career! It’s highly essential for your success to make a decision today to become a professional. You need specialized training and in our view…
Make a decision today to become a professional #travelblogger #bloggingtips Click To Tweet
The best course on blogging out there today is:
And if you wish to attract unique targeted traffic tuned into what you post on your travel blog, then you need to Leverage Pinterest and we can’t Recommend The Ultimate Pinterest Road-map high enough!
These in-depth courses cover most of the topics on Personal Branding, Blogging and Pinterest Marketing plus a heck of a lot more. Everything you need to learn from people who are making it work.
#4 What to Post on a Travel Blog – List Posts
If you check out, the best blog post titles, you will learn that; “How Tos” and “List posts” are rocking. They are very popular with readers and they tend to rank faster because they take people through a process that they are searching for online!
So why not create some Killer how to and list posts? See some examples below:
- How to Travel through Timbuktu on a budget
- How to rock your Bandanna in Cuba
- 15 Ways to get to the Kilimanjaro peaks
- 10 secrets to flight booking hacks
- 14 effective steps to prevent swollen ankles
Unless you haven’t visited any wonderful places and if you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Go check out your local attractions, take some beautiful photos including the obligatory Selfie and get started already.
You will never run out of what to post on your travel blog if you create a Schedule. Follow the plan you set with a few spontaneous posts thrown in for good measure!
#5 Other Ideas on What to Post on a Travel blog!
- Host a Giveaway or Travel related product contest you could use Rafflecopter for this.
- Collaboration with brands that resonate with your audience, Pauli shared some cool ideas on Blog outreach on a post shared on our sister brand!
- Have a guest post – niche related.
- Share your Travel Bucket List – the destinations, activities and Why, Inspire someone out there!
- Tell us about your favourite travel shows, movies, books, writers, actors.
- How about some Fun Travel Quizzes and Trivia Posts?
- How about destinations you have already visited? How did you feel about them, before you visited, when you visited? Did they live up to expectations? Would you recommend them? Many of us haven’t been, we can live vicariously through you. The possibilities are truly infinite! You never have to run out of what to write esp. if you also follow this ultimate List of Blog Post Ideas!
The point we are trying to make here is, not what to post on your travel blog per se. Rather, we encourage you to share your love, passion, experiences, lessons, challenges, results without overwhelming your audience.
Provide value in anything you share and you will always attract an audience looking for that value. They will keep coming back and share your goodness with others.
Write about the many different things you see, hear, taste, smell or touch. Make sure its informative creative, personalized, fun and entertaining.
Above all write as you would if talking to someone about it. i.e. in Your Voice! That’s what will attract your readers. People whose spirit is attracted to your voice!Write as you would if talking to someone about it. i.e. in Your Voice #professionaltravelblogger Click To Tweet
#6 What to Post on a Travel Blog – What next?
Now here is the deal, don’t just write your post and forget about it. Make sure its optimized – SEO baby. You can use our awesome 7 Step System to improve your on-page ranking here.
The idea is now you are becoming a professional travel blogger so you gotta act like one from day one.
Don’t forget to social share your amazing content like heck otherwise you won’t be reaching a wider audience. Again we have you covered on our 27 item checklist on how to promote your blog post.
Always add a Pinnable image to your amazing travel post. Travel is one of the most repined topic on Pinterest. And as a Pinterest consultant Julie is happy to share with our travel readers her Pinterest Domination Guide Grab your Complimentary copy here!!
You absolutely should have or create a Facebook Fan Page if you wish to leverage Facebook to promote your travel blog. We are talking you becoming a professional travel blogger right? Then do it right. We don’t advise you to DIY it unless you have access to one of the Best resources to get the Edge on Other Fan Pages from the get go.
Pkjulesworld highly recommends The Unlimited Fan Page Profits
We wish we had this advantage when we first created our fan pages. But now we do and we are getting at least 2-5 leads per day via our Fan Page! It’s Awesome! And this bring us to the next point…
#7 What to Post on a Travel Blog to become a Professional Travel Blogger- Monetize
You are blogging because you wish to build a list and make some money right? Once you have a few good posts going and you got a rhythm going, you should absolutely do some research and consider writing a regular guest travel post on an authority website. You don’t need to look far, we found this article for you with 47 Magazines and Websites that pay for travel blogging! It is quite comprehensive so why re-invent the wheel!
Go use it and Pitch them your Guest Post Ideas, and get paid for the privilege. AND you will also get some of their awesome traffic to your website…Sweet!
Monetizing your blog is where you need bags of patience. How do you do this? Your WHY Again?
By becoming a brand promoter or an affiliate. You can add affiliate links of related products, do this tastefully within your posts for your audience to subscribe to and buy! There are many cool brands, small businesses, and companies who will be happy to work with you and pay for the pleasure.
All an affiliate link is; you share something useful and related to your post and add a link to the product service. If a reader/visitor decides to opt-in, and buy, you get a commission. The price remains the same whether you use an affiliate link or not. It’s very important esp. for USA bloggers to Disclose if they will earn from the promo.
Will you earn a regular income from travel blogging? I can’t say you will. That’s down to Your Why, passion, actions, focus…
Final Words – What to Post to a Travel Blog to Become a Professional!
Truth be told what you post on a travel blog has a great deal of say in which brand will look to work with and pay you to partner with them.
Write for your audience and try to share the type of information you look for yourself when you travel.
So keep sharing value, keep entertaining and inspiring others, be integral in what you do and Be ready for the long haul.
Have you got any value from this “What to post on a Travel Blog” post which truly includes, Some awesome tips to a successful Blog in general? Then we encourage you to Pin It. Share it with your mates, and definitely Share on Facebook…
If this is your first visit Subscribe to our blog Today and receive amazing travel tips and deals and access to an amazing travel app.
By the way every image and text is socially shareable too, simply highlight and you can share away! Try It Now…
After you’ve left a comment, let’s CONNECT and bond some more on Facebook or on Twitter, Instagram and Google. We alsoPodcast on iTunes and you’ll definitely want to check out our amazingly helpful Travel Club to help you plan your next life changing 5 Star trip like a VIP.
See, Do, and Be more!
Julie Syl Kalungi
Find and Follow Us on:
Need Help with your Bucket List Or Question on a Destination? Check out our Travel Club Tab where we Help People Everyday.
46 thoughts on “What to Post on a Travel Blog: 37 Ideas: A Step-By-Step Guide|Pkjulesworld”
great tips! I’ve only posted once on my blog about going abroad as I’ve only been on holiday once since I started it, but hopefully I can share more travel and tips soon
Glad to inspire some more travel related content Kitty Looking forward to reading it 🙂
Great ideas! I bet this tips will be very helpful for any travel blogger out there.
Glad you like and got value, we aim to serve and if yo need any help do holler! 🙂
Pingback: Travel Blogger News: September 2016
Hi Travel Blogger News,
Thanks for stopping by and glad you like our Tips on how to choose the perfect hotel for your Travel.
We are honoured that you like our blog enough to share it on hyour blog too!
I’m not a travel blogger, but I want to share some of our travels to my blog. But, I always wonder what actually to share. I love reading about different places I see people traveling, but I want to know a bit more and if they received any deals that I can grab. 🙂
We are all travellers Sybil and It would be great o share so others can live vicariously through us and be inspired to go out there and see more themselves. So please do share. Look forward to learning more about were yob have been too 🙂
This is chock full of information. I’d love to be a travel blogger. I can’t chance it though I’m the sole provider for the family and have to make sure I have a steady income. What a job though!
Travel blogging can be a ;art time income, so it wouldn’t be a chance 🙂 Thanks for your time!
These are amazing ideas and helpful for all those who desire to start a travel blog. Travel blogs are trending around the globe, however, many travel blogs face rejection from the audience, but your post will help all the potential bloggers to not to do the same mistake.
Thanks for your insights and yes we love to help out other bloggers 🙂
[ Smiles ] Now, that explains the reason why your travel blog is such a big hit!
You are so very kind 🙂 We will take that and run with it amen 🙂
I love all of your tips on what to post on a travel blog. I’ve thought about purchasing one but I never did follow through with it. If I ever do, I’ll use your tips to try to make it successful.
Why would you purchase a travel blog? It wouldn’t be your experiences then would it? Glad to inspire you hun!
If ever I thought to chuck everything in and become a travel blogger this post would be the best resource ever! Thanks Julie. 🙂
No Need to chuck anything out lol Just keep sharing your wonderful life as you always do Claudette 🙂 We love your blog!
This is a great tips and guide for the travel bloggers especially to the new bloggers
We sure hope so, thanks for your time! 🙂
So generous and kind of you to share your know hows. Your listing is very detailed and yes, so helpful.
Our pleasure glad you got value and thanks for stopping!
wow great post thanks for sharing
Our Pleasure Sheila, Thanks for swinging by! 🙂
I love this step by step guide. I want to have a travel blog too and travel around the world.
There is no time like the present. Get to it and lets see you round the world 🙂
I love these step by step guide. I am thinking of making a travel blog in the future.
Good luck Nicole We look forward ti your shares 🙂
These are some really helpful ideas. I could be making a many more different types of travel posts!
Yes you could Liz and we wish you every success as you take us on your journeys! 🙂
I’ve never been a big traveler but I envy travel bloggers since they get to experience places that they might never get to see otherwise.
Its a fun life an very fulfilling often times Marcia! Its also possible for nayone who has a vision for a life filled with more fun, freedom and fulfillment! 🙂
Wow, so many amazing tips. I’ve always wondered how travel bloggers do it, and now I know some of their secrets.
Yes you do Cindy and we are glad to share them. Thanks for your time!
Great tips, a lot of useful information but almost too much information. I didn’t realize how much thought went into becoming a professional traveler!
Too much Information? This is just a snippet of what goes into a successful blog 🙂
I am loving these ideas! Even if you’re not a travel blogger you can definitely use these ideas as well in case you’re going to post a travel related blog post. There are so many things to write about. This is a very good resource!
Thanks for your kind comment and for taking the time to drop by! 🙂
What a comprehensive list this is. Any travel blogger wanna-be would find it super-helpful.
We sure hope so Carol, glad you dropped by! 🙂
Useful resource for an upcoming pro-travel blogger. Thanks for sharing Julie
Glad you agree, thanks for dropping by!
Wow. Great information you’ve provided in this post! There is so much to work on when you decide to be a travel blogger. I’m keeping these advice in mind. I have a travel blog but it does need a bit of revamping and tweaking.
Glad to hare reignited teh fire for your travel blog. 🙂
This is just what I need. I just started a travel blog and still testing the waters. It’s a free site as I’m still getting a feel for writing. I’m not the best writer but I have so many travel ideas to share.
We wish you every success in your travel Blog. Focus On That Course Until Successful 🙂 Glad you got value!
Comments are closed.