Here Is How Flight and Travel Hacking Can Save You A Ton Of Money, and Allow You Great Life Experiences!
No no no You aren’t going to be hacking into any computers or any such geeky stuff, we are simply talking about travel hacking as a money saving activity!
Today’s share was inspired by a question that was posted on Quora and a couple of responses that were offered! One was truly interesting; we’ll let you decide on that! Either way you will learn something about how Flight and Travel Hacking can save you money!
We have dived into when is it best to book/buy your airline ticket details can be found here. So we wont be delving into that again! Now….
The reason 2 of the responses on the post stood out for us is because they are informative and in our view less known travel hacking opinions. Let’s dive in:
According to Adam Chang, it all depends on what your travel hacking extends to. Lots of people do points and miles. Some do manufactured spending. And some fuel dump. He goes ahead to give us an insight as to what fuel dumping is about:
– You’re in essence tricking the airline systems into dropping the fuel surcharge!
– People go out of their way (hours a week) to learn secret code names and methods for tricking airline systems – for example, fat boy means something related to Hawaii I think!
– People literally have to watch their back and make sure no airline personnel see their itinerary (a $300 ticket to Europe would be very suspicious.) And this is Adam’s opinion on whether flight and travel hacking can save you money!
“…it can save absurd amounts of money, but I see it as more for people to do for fun than actually save money (that time cost is huge)!”
The other answer was more or less what most people feel about travel hacking (a misconception if you ask us);
“a LOT of work and tracking to avoid screwing yourself over.” – Susan Deluzain Barry
Susan apparently signed up for a card that gave 50K points after a certain dollar amount spent in 3 months. Except she forgot to move expenses over, track the time, and missed the bonus. According to her, the amount of time that one would need to invest to actually make the most of the various offers is probably not worth it. We beg to differ…
Before we go further let us clear the air:
- Travel hacking is not just for people looking to go back packing for months on end. Most of our trips have been 7-14 days, and we recently returned from a dream bucket list 10 days’ vacation to the Dreams La Romana Resort and Spa in the Caribbean.
- We don’t spend a fortune. We just spend smartly on normal utilities, weekly groceries shopping and put most expenses on the credit card, AND ENSURE its paid off monthly. Our aim is to save you money not get you into debt!
And now if travel matters to you, then learn how flight and travel hacking can save you money. Also learn why we decided to be part of a world travel community so we didn’t have to go through the hassle and time suck of travel hacking the traditional way!
If you love to travel you will truly love the benefits, we get and how much we do and you too could save as part of this community!
How Flight and Travel Hacking can Save you Money & Allow you to Travel Better!
As you can see, there are plenty of tips and ideas on how flight or travel hacking can save you cash on your trips, not for the lazy or fear-mongers lol!
So to recap the basics:
- Travel hacking is quite simply centered around building your air miles or frequent flier points/accounts!
- Find a frequent flyer program or Travel Community that works for you.
- Find creative ways to earn points on those frequent flyer programs and/or Club.
- The money Saving is predominantly in the savings you can make by using your points for travel rewards. It can be so rewarding and allows you to experience life for much less!
- Redeem Your points sensibly & let the planet be your runway! 🙂
Resources for you:
Our Travel Hacking Tutorial – Learn More
Travel Planning Tips – Dive in
FlyerTalk Forum – Learn More
The Points Guy Blog – Learn More
So is flight & travel hacking something you’d consider to save money? Do you reckon its worth it? Where would you choose as a vacation destination? Like and share if you got value and drop a comment below with your experiences. We do the research, Let us inspire you. Why not start by subscribing to our blog here and let us know your travel needs.
Then do check out some more details on How We Manage to Travel The World like Rock-stars right here.
After you’ve left a comment, let’s CONNECT and bond some more on Facebook or on Twitter, Instagram and Google. We also Podcast on iTunes and you’ll definitely want to check out our amazingly helpful Travel Club to help you plan your next life changing 5 Star trip like a VIP.
See, Do, and Be more!
Julie Syl Kalungi
Need Help with your Bucket List Or Question on a Destination? Check out our Travel Club Tab where we Help People Everyday. Want to work with or advertise with us, Check out our Media Kit or Contact us!